Hygience & Cleanings
Our dentists at Elite Smiles Dental, strive to educate our patients on the importance of regular preventive care. Routine exams and dental cleanings, along with daily brushing and flossing, are the best way to reduce costly dental issues in the long run. Dental exams allow our highly trained dentists to diagnose potential problems before they manifest into bigger issues.
During your exam your teeth will be checked for cavities and your mouth will be checked for signs of gum disease. Our exams include the following procedures:
- Checking for signs of gingivitis with a small mirror
- Scraping away plaque and tarter along the gum line using a scaler
- Using an electric toothbrush and gritty toothpaste to ensure all tarter has been removed
- Flossing to ensure everything has been removed from between your teeth
- Periodic dental x-rays to ensure there are no cavities that are hard to see.
Our exams also offer an ideal time for our hygienists to go over the proper techniques for flossing and brushing. We will also go over any trouble spots at the end of your exam and schedule your next routine cleaning.
Our patients who no longer have natural teeth will still need to get regular dental exams to allow for our dentists to check your oral health and the fit on your dentures. If you are at a higher risk for developing gum disease it is possible you might need to be seen more frequently than every six months.
Please contact our office to schedule your dental exam and cleaning today!